It was a pleasure having children from Inglis Summer Camp, Art Attack Week, come to visit the museum July 22 2022! They were there to learn about the artistic components within the many displays throughout the museum. Thank you, Inglis!
May 13 2022 Award Presentation
Pam Moughton, Chair of the Comox Archives and Museum Society (CAMS) received the Sovereign’s Medal, the Governor General Award for Volunteering, at the Comox Museum. Comox Mayor Russ Arnott presented Pam with the very prestigious award. Pam has dedicated years to the museum, ensuring its viability to the Town of Comox. Pam’s hard work and enthusiasm are inspiring and appreciated!
Photos courtesy of Laura McGlone and Wayne Ferrand.
The Courtenay Girl Guides Spring Field Trip included a trip to the Comox Museum March 26 2022. Highlights for the Guides were the McQuinn door that opens and the vintage dolls! Thanks for dropping by, Girl Guides!
There is a new exhibit featuring a Time Line with photos and maps on display showing how the landscape of Comox changed over time, beginning with K’omoks First Nation through to present day.
The museum is also featuring 1950s to 1960s Cocktail Dresses on loan from local fashion collector Linda Hargreaves.
John Hadfield, senior and junior, visiting the Comox Museum to view the exhibit on their family home. Click to view the video: Hadfield Visit
The museum is currently open by appointment. Phone or email to book. We will be opening to the general public soon.
Remembrance Day exhibit at the Comox Museum showing Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry Korean War uniform worn by Neil Deck and W.W.2 British Women’s Land Army great coat worn by Jean McLeod (KIng) whose story was featured in the book ‘Blackouts to Bright Lights.’
MLA Ronna-Rae Leonard and staff person Barbara Price with new 2020 Summer Magic Heritage Fashions, courtesy of Linda Hargreaves of Cumberland, and part of Sydney Burnaby Wood ‘Dusty’ d’Esterre’s mother’s china animal figurines, on loan from the Courtenay and District Museum.
The Museum's new Lorne Hotel Collage which was made and donated by Terrie Anderson. Pictured with the Collage is Dona Cameron (nee. Cliffe), the great granddaughter of Florence and Samuel Cliffe who owned and ran the Lorne Hotel from 1883 to 1912.
Terri Anderson creating the Lorne Hotel Collage in her studio.